Sunday, 9 July 2017

So Sunday it is, and a little bit of Christmas Stamping!

Hello everyone. I know!  Twice in a few days.

Ah well time in the craft room is always time well spent :-)

Today I was playing around with some of the new Polkadoodles stamps!

You can see all the new releases on this link.

For my card I have used the sentiment from Christmas Gifts & Stockings

Christmas Gifts & Stockings -  Clear Stamp Set

And the tree is from Christmas Tree Script stamp set.

Christmas Tree Script -  Clear Stamp Set

Here is my very quick card.



As I am not one for colouring, I chose some lovely papers from the Frosted Winter collection.   I first stamped the tree script on the grey background, then I stamped it again on a green coloured paper.  Then all I did was fussy cut out the tree, and inked the edges :-)


For the inside I just stamped the tree on it's own and then added a message panel, replicating the front.


For the sentiment on the front I chose a piece of ephemera from the Frosted Winter collection and then stamped on the sentiment.


I also used some of the little snow flakes from the stamps - which I stamped in white and then added some Sukura Gel pen - I should have thought about it more and I could have heat embossed the snowflakes.


A nice quick card and won't be too heavy for posting either :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

17 comments:

  1. It may be a quick card to make, but is a very effective design and perfect for making lots of Christmas cards, love it. These new stamps look great.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and love the papers and stamps!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card Karon, the new stamps look fabulous.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea in spiking up the Christmas tree. Yikes I know it's Christmas in July right now. But I don't want to even think about this holiday yet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, Karon!! I love the tree - it looks so beautiful!! What fabulous stamps!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a lovely quick card that is postal friendly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are really lovely stamps Karon and a fab card as a result xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with a vintage look. hugs. teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty Christmas card! Love the soft snowflakes and lovely tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful Christmas card.Love the vintage look.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beauty here my friend. I love the background and how you used paper and fussy cut the tree. Awesome!

    Have a creative day.
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ My Crafting Channel Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun! Good to see you in the craft room. :) And I love those stamps. Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karon! I'm finally back from vacation! I had a blast & made some special memories with my boys! Glad to be home of course & hopefully I'll get to craft this weekend! Just wanted to stop by & let you know I'll be back to checking out your blog again! :) Your card is wonderful.. such a pretty design! Have a wonderful day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so simple, and yet effective! I, too, was in the Christmas mood yesterday and began preparing to make my Christmas cards. Brilliant minds think alike!

    PS - I see your new selfie photo up there! Looking gooood!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...